Frequently Asked Questions
Can you help me choose & register my website name?
We can help you with this. Your domain name is extremely important for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). The best option is to include your main business keywords in your domain name. We are willing to help you find the best options for your business.
What makes a great website?
- Brand and design consistency.
- Mobile-friendly and designed for multiple devices (mobile, tablet, desktop, and wide screens).
- Great user experience (UX).
- Well thought out design layout and flow.
- Visual messaging — this includes purposeful use of visuals (eg. photography, graphics, colours, styling, contrast…etc) in order to elicit an emotive or cognitive reaction.
- Best practice Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to make it easier to be found on search engines like Google.
- Best practice Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) to improve the probability of conversions (i.e. website inquiries, calls from the website, online sales…etc)
What questions might you ask a client when starting a new project?
1. What is your brand’s vision or mission statement?
2. What are your brand’s core values?
3. What is the main purpose of the website (eg. receive inquiries, provide information, eCommerce…etc)?
4. Who is your target audience?
5. Where is the bulk of your audience (eg. location-based, online, specific industry…etc)?
6. Does seasonality affect your brand and/or market?
7. What do you offer that your competitors don’t?
8. List at least 5 competitors and provide their associated website addresses.
9. How would you like your customers to perceive your brand?
10. List the services/products your brand offers.
11. Which of the above listed services/products are the most profitable?
12. List at least 5 examples of websites that you like.
13. List examples of websites you don’t like and explain why.
14. Do you have an existing logo in EPS or AI file format?
15. Do you have an existing style guide or brand manual?
16. Will you be providing photography or will a professional photoshoot be required?
17. Do you have access to your domain & hosting?
18. Do you have access to email hosting?
19. Is there any specific functionality you require?
20. Do you own the copyrights or trademarks for the assets you will supply (eg. graphics, imagery, written content…etc).
What are domain names?
A domain name is an internet address that individuals may use to access resources such as websites or send email. A domain name is the name of your website. The location at which Internet visitors may reach your website is known as a domain name. A domain name can be any combination of characters and numbers, and it can include one or more domain name extensions, such as .com.au, .net.au and other extensions.
How can I check if a domain name is available?
The best way is to visit a domain name registrar website and input your desired domain name and click search. This will reveal if your domain name is available. And it will show other variations of your chosen domain names availability together with the cost per year.
What makes a good website domain?
A good domain, like your business name, reinforces your brand values, provides a competitive edge, should be easy to remember, differentiates you from competitors, and can even help increase traffic to your website. By picking a simple and memorable domain name that focuses on your brand highlights you will be able to reap rewards in the form of traffic, purchases, recommendations, and clicks. Additionally, registering a domain that matches your business name adds credibility and respectability, which is important in this day and age to help alleviate security concerns
What is the difference between a .com and a .com.au domain name?
The .com.au extension recognises your domain name as an Australian entity. This does not limit Australian businesses from registering a .com domain name. For businesses that have an international presence, it is common practice to register extensions in those countries such as .com .co.nz (New Zealand) .co.uk (United Kingdom) And so on.
Should I buy more than one domain name?
Your domain name is your unique website address and forms your company’s online identity and brand, allowing people to find you quickly and easily. By registering multiple extensions you are protecting your domain name and the brand equity you are building. By stopping a competitor from registering similar domains to yours, you will not only protect your online identity but also help increase traffic to your website.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) & Content
Can you help with the content for my website?
Absolutely, for an additional fee we can help with content and/or images on your website.
How do I direct more visitors to me website?
We provide SEO (Search Engine Optimization ) packages for our customers. All of our websites are designed to be SEO friendly. After your final approval, we submit your website to major search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) free of charge. If you do not put basic SEO into your website, potential customers using search engines will not be able to find your site. This is the most crucial role of your website.
Do you offer monthly maintenance?
Our main goal is to keep our customers happy. We offer our customers affordable maintenance packages.